Tuesday 18 January 2011

Quantum Computing for Dummies

I was blown away by last nights' edition of Horizon on the BBC - "What is Reality?". I wont even try to describe what it was about in the confines of this blog, you'll have to watch it for yourself. However, a section of the program covering quantum computing really caught my imagination, so I decided to find out more.

This video from the University of New South Wales was the best, easiest to understand overview I found on the subject. I love the opening quote from Richard Feynham:

"You don't understand quantum mechanics, you just get used to it"
Without a doubt, this is the next frontier in computing which, once matured, will see a massive step change in computing capabilities. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...